Thursday, June 30, 2011

Flower Power

Months ago, when I first got on this mega crochet kick, I found a pattern for making little five petal flowers.  They were super easy and quick to make, so I made up a bunch. 

Then, I didn't know what to do with them.  Most of the kidlets in my family are little boys, and they don't have much use for flowers, so my stash has been just sitting at the bottom of my crochet bag. So sad.

Recently, I spent a relaxing afternoon wandering around my local craft store. Seriously, I simply wandered around for HOURS checking out all the crafting supplies. It was WONDERFUL!

Well, during this meandering trip, I finally found a use for my stash of flowers- embellishment for a canvas tote.  The totes I found are small, washable, and come in a variety of colors. In other words, they're perfect for kid-friendly crafting.

I'll post soon to show the finished results.

No comments:

Post a Comment