Saturday, May 21, 2011

Pinwheels

I saw this cute Pinwheel How To on Ohdeedoh and immediately thought it would be a great way to decorate a gift. And, unlike a flower, it's something that'll work to embellish a boy's or girl's gift.


Here's a closer view of one of my pinwheels. I found that the pins I bought wouldn't go through all the layers of my paper, so I used Aleene's tacky glue to secure the corners in place near the center, but not overlapping the center (as directed in the How To). After the glue was dry and my corners were secure, I worked my pin through the space left at the center. Lastly, I simply glued it to my gift bag and voila! easy embellishment.

2 comments:

  1. What a great "summer" embellishment! Very cute. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these! Thanks for sharing at Make Something Mondays! I've featured you this week! Go take a peek!

    http://sarahndipities.blogspot.com/2011/05/make-something-monday-link-party-13.html

    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete