Thursday, January 5, 2012

2012 Goals

Before making any goals for this year, I sat down to read. I wanted to read Scripture, re-read my sermon notes from New Years Day, and to check out some of my favorite bloggers before getting started. Tsh from Simple Mom gave this encouragement: "Keep [your goals] focused on making yourself more available to God’s presence, not on becoming perfect." I read that and thought, "Yes. That's exactly what I want these goals to help me do!"

Here's what I came up with for 2012:

  1. Read the Bible daily. This is a practice that I know from experience helps me be available to God. I've fallen away from making time for it daily, though, and really want to get back on track. Goal number two should help with this. 
  2. Use a calendar to help me manage time better. I'm just beginning a very busy and stressful season at work. I hate it. But, as I've learned from past experience, this particular busyness cannot be ignored. So to help me reserve free space in my life I'm going to try sticking with using a calendar and schedule. 
  3. Adopt healthier habits. I blame some of my problem on being too busy and too undisciplined in my life. But with some discipline regarding my time management, I should have more space in my life for healthy habits like exercise, sleep, and meal planning. 
  4. Be mindful of listening more. I do truly value being with people and one of the ways I can demonstrate this is by quieting my own tongue to listen to them more. From James1:19 "My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry..."

No comments:

Post a Comment