Sunday, November 27, 2011

Giving Thanks


All that we behold is full of blessings. 
~William Wordsworth

My childhood pastor was a firm believer in the importance of giving thanks daily for what we have received. He challenged us on several occasions to make it our habit to pause during our day and give thanks to God for four things. I don't know if there was any significance to the number, but the spirit of making it a regular practice to give thanks has always stayed with me.

Thanksgiving the holiday has passed, but still there is much to be thankful for. On my list today is-

1) The sight of my favorite bird, the great blue heron, landing in front of me. I snapped this photo of him to try to capture his beauty. Sigh...

2) My puppy crawling up on my lap to take a nap. It's so sweet the way she wants to be with us.

3) Nephews and nieces that are growing up healthy and strong. I'm excited to be seeing them soon.

4) My supportive husband. I got pretty sick over thanksgiving and he took good care of me and Mollie.

What about you? What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment