Friday, November 25, 2011

Crochet for Christmas

It's Black Friday and if you happen to enjoy staying home in lounge pants more than wrestling through crowds looking for a likely already-sold-out deal, then I've got a treat for you- 10 great gift ideas you can crochet for Christmas!

All of these would brighten someone's Christmas morning. And they all could be made in an evening or two of crocheting in front of your favorite Christmas movie. For me, it'll probably be one of the classics- It's a Wonderful Life or White Christmas.

1) Nook or Kindle Case
How about crocheting a case for a friend's Kindle?  I've seen lots of takes on these including chevron stripes and granny squares.

Source: Little Birdie Secrets 

2) Make a Monster
These are sooo cute!  Wouldn't they make fun stocking stuffers for the kids in your life?

Source: Crafty is Cool

3) Ornament Bookmark
As I'm getting back into reading, I'm finding that a good bookmark is hard to find.  How about giving one of these (and a book) to a reader in your life?

Source: Julie K

4) Light Blue Julie Cuff
Ok, so I LOVE bracelets and cuffs!  How cool would one of these be with a t-shirt and your favorite jeans?

Source: Simply Stoked

5) Baby Moccasins
These are ADORABLE!!!  You've got to know some little girl to make these for!

Source: Little Eme

6) Bath Foamie
I haven't seen anything like this before, but wouldn't that be a fun gift for a little one you know?  I love the mix of amigurumi and practicality.

Source: Petite Purls

7) Granny Stripe Boutique Bag
I saw this last summer and bookmarked it- how cute and fun is that?  Filled with some sweet smelling lotions, lip glosses or nail polish and this would make a great gift for a teen in your life.

Source: Tangled Happy

8) Sweet Home Sweet Pillow
I want this pillow!  And isn't the sentiment simply perfect?

Source: Purlbee

9) Crochet Spring Frills Scarf
My absolute favorite accessory to wear is a scarf!  I must have well over a dozen in different textures and colors.  I'd love to add one of these to my collection, wouldn't you?

Source: Aestheic Nest

10) Fuzzy Bear Hat
I love all the children's hats that Alli Crafts comes up with.  And having made this particular one, I can say that her hats look adorable on the kids you crochet them for!

Source: Alli Crafts

Enjoy this holiday crafting season!

No comments:

Post a Comment