Monday, August 15, 2011

Deals, deals, deals!

Have you tried couponing? I'm not going to be making the cut for TLC's show Extreme Couponing, but I have been managing to build up a smallish stockpile of products we use regularly by combining couponing and store loyalty programs.

From today's trip to CVS, I got
3 Gatorade G Fit Series snacks and drinks
3 Hallmark car-shaped gift boxes (about 8x10 in size)
2 packages CVS pantiliners
3 12-packs of Pepsi
1 box of CVS bandaids
1 candy bar

Total paid out of pocket $9.94 (after coupons and using my previous ECB)
+ I earned $5 in ECB for my next trip

From Rite Aid, I got
2 bottles of Gain dish detergent
1 bottle of Scope mouthwash
1 padlock

Total paid out of pocket $5.04 (after coupons and using my previous UPR)
+ I earned $3 in UPR for my next trip

So in summary, I spent a total of $15.00 today for $48.00 worth of products. And I have $8.00 left to use in the future. I'm definitely not a pro at this, but I've found what works for us and I'm happy with the results.

If you're interested in learning more about this topic, I recommend checking out Money Saving Mom. She has a lot of great tutorials on getting the most from couponing, and she regularly posts other free offers.

Happy Shopping!

2 comments:

  1. Great deals! I watched the 'Extreme Couponing' marathon and got inspired - but I'm just gonna do regular couponing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Debi. I can't spend that much time doing this.

    ReplyDelete