Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Something New

This afternoon I'm working on something new: a monthly meal plan. Since the start of the year, we've been working to whittle down our monthly food costs. The process began with a budget which led to couponing (thanks Coupon Mom and Money Saving Mom) which led to building up a pantry. Next, with my hubby's encouragement, we've begun trying to replace buying processed foods with our own from scratch items when possible. For example, he makes pasta and bread for us. I make broth. I know, not nearly as exciting... But it's good broth! Next up on our list of things to try: monthly meal planning. I have been wanting to get started on this since the beginning, but it's seemed like an overwhelming task. Well, not any more. I've got the house to myself, my recipe binder beside me, some online inspiration, a stack of coupons and I'm ready to start planning!
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment