Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Dinner

In the past couple years, one of the ways my cooking has been expanded is through my marriage. Specifically, I've gone from a surviving-on-sandwiches single woman to a what-can-I-create-tonight wife. I never thought I could do it. My cooking pre-hubby was focused on survival. Now, though, it's motivated by the challenge of finding delicious recipes that will satisfy the hubby and save us money, too.

With this in mind, here's a preview of some of what we'll be having on Easter: ham and potato strudel. Yum, I can't wait to start cooking. The potato strudel sounds especially appetizing and I'm excited to work with puff pastry as an ingredient (link here for the recipe). And to save us some money, I bought an extra large ham now while they are discounted, and I plan to use the leftovers in the months ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment